October 16, 2008

Public Service Announcment: how to un-fuck iGoogle

I found a solution that will make iGoogle usable again, at least until Google finishes fucking up its interface world wide. (or until they fire the asshole who fucked it up and fix it.)
If you have the new version, but you prefer the previous interface, go to the settings page and select English (UK) from the list of languages. Please note that this is just a temporary fix.

- googlesystem.blogspot.com
But according to a Google help group, to make it stick, you have to change the URL you use to access it:
Someone posted earlier that if you change the extension on your
google url from .com to .ie then google thinks you're in Ireland and
they haven't been victimized by the "improvement" yet.
Apparently .uk works as well, maybe others. It works.
So I'm back to using iGoogle, because without the sidebars, it's the best thing out there.

But with side bars? Fucking unreadable.

(Do you think it shows how much I utterly despise the side tabs?)

1 comment:

  1. This new layout is absolutely ridiculous. It has actually driven me to use my cell phone exclusively for emails, because I can't bear to use it (hence, why I'm so late to comment on this blog since I only see new posts when I log into Google.) It is MIND-BLOWINGLY STUPID! Google...errrr.....

    ReplyDelete